Wednesday 25 November 2009

Build-up Begins, not starring Christian Bale (unfortunately)

When someone asks you to produce a show for them, it's flattering. It's because they admire your organisational skills, can see that they can trust you to get on with things and know you'll do a good job (or they live with you and think they can have more control that way). Then, once you've accepted, you start having ideas about what you can do for this show, if you're lucky (which I have been on both occasions)the Directors enthusiasm and passion for the show will rub off and you'll get excited and look forward to pulling things together. It's only when you get closer to the show do things get a little bit hectic. Those things you've been putting off start jumping up and demanding attention, which is what's starting to happen now! I can also remember, when we get to this stage, why I said last time "I'm not doing that again!", yet here we are.

Anyway, enough of the trials and tribulations of being Producer Herbug, the show is going to be awesome. We ran through it again on Monday, with Director Scrooge not giving notes but rerunning scenes if they were sufficiently poo. We only had to do two things twice, so all in all pretty damn good actually. We had two audience members in who thought it was "really really really good", except I'm not actually satisfied with "good". "Good" is not "great". But we have two weeks to turn that "Good" into "wow, that was fabulous!" and we will.

Scroogie's coat is complete but for the sewing of the frogs onto the front (which are the decorative fastenings, not the real Kermit variety, it would just look silly with real frogs)which I will do this week, although Wardrobe Mistress and I have been scheming about short cuts for Scroogie. It's probably the most ambitious project I have undertaken and I think it looks pretty good actually, even if I do say so myself.

Other things of note:

Titanic has risen and is bigger than I thought - who knew?
Twainie continues to think that he looks young enough to be called "boy" - er yes, of course you do Twainie!
Dickie seems to have given a biscuit to his "dog".
The newbie Clara has been superb and knows all her words and dances (better than some others I couldn't possibly mention).
I'm very much looking forward to seeing Fred clean shaven.
I have a husband once again, as Cratchie has been to the last two rehearsals, although he did mess up his lines of our song, I'm sure he'll have them sewn into his costume somewhere....

All that is left now is to sell, sell, sell those tickets. Hassle everyone about coming. My colleague laughed at me the other day because with everyone I spoke to, my closing line was - "so, are you coming to see my show?" Practise it every day and if you ask 100 people 1 is bound to say yes - aren't they?

So, are you coming to see my show?

No comments:

Post a Comment